You can use a whipped cream dispenser and cream chargers to make fresh whipped cream quickly and easily.
Now it is just so easy to make fresh whipped cream. All you need is a whipped cream dispenser, cream charger Nitrous Oxide (N2O) canisters and some thickened cream. These are all available from our Nangs webshop.
Most people also do not realise that when you use a whipped cream dispenser with Nitrous Oxide (N2O) cream chargers you can get up to twice the volume of whipped cream than if you are hand whipping cream with a whisk or beater. This is just one of the reasons that professional kitchens, chefs, cake shops or coffee shops often use a Nitrous Oxide cream whipper to make fresh whipped cream.
Follow the instructions below to make perfect whipped cream every time!
1. Use A High Quality Nitrous Oxide Whipped Cream Dispenser
There are a number of different brands of Nitrous oxide cream whipper dispensers available for purchase. If you will be making whipped cream regularly (e.g. in a commercial kitchen or even if you are just a regular home user) then a high quality cream whipper is the best. A high-quality model, will function perfectly and are made out of high quality sturdy materials so it will last longer, this should more than makeup for the increased purchase price.
Generally, a 0.5 liter cream whipper dispenser is the smallest size that I would recommend. Though they do come in smaller sizes, there is some wastage during the process that is lost during cleaning that makes it better to use a 0.5 litre capacity model. Whippers do come in 1 liter capacity, which are suited to commercial applications that need a lot of whipped cream. The 0.5 Liter capacity is the most popular even amongst commercial users.
A 0.5 liter capacity whipper will take one Nitrous Oxide canister to whip the entire container. Larger 1 liter whippers may require two Nitrous oxide canisters.
2. Use High Quality Cream
A high quality cream with a higher fat content is essential when making good whipped cream. A cream with 35% fat is suitable for whipping. Light creams can make whipped cream but it will not be as fluffy may loose its volume quickly.
You can find creams suitable for whipping in our webshop.
2. Use High Quality Nitrous Oxide (N20) Canisters
The Nitrous Oxide (N2O) canisters are what make the cream whipped and fluffy when used in a cream whipper. Poor quality Nitrous Oxide canisters may contain impurities such as oils or even metal shavings from the manufacturing process. Obviously, you don’t want anything like that in your whipped cream. The standard size of a nitrous oxide whipped cream canister is 8 grams. These 8 gram canisters are non-threaded and are single-use and suitable for all of the cream whipper models sold in our webshop.
We only sell high quality Nitrous Oxide canisters that are recyclable (when empty) in out webshop.
3. Steps When Using A Whipped Cream Dispenser
Whipping cream with a Nitrous Oxide powered cream whipper is a quick and simple process. Follow these steps:
- Open the cream whipper dispenser by unscrewing the top/head.
- Add the cream (or other ingredients) to the whipper. Make sure you do not fill beyond the maximum line. Do not over-fill.
- Screw the top/head of the dispenser back on.
- Put a Nitrous Oxide caniseter into the charger holder and screw it into the head of the dispenser. You should hear the gas release into the cream whipper.
- Shake the whipped cream dispenser so the nitrous mixes with the cream (or other ingredients).
- To dispense the whipped cream turn the dispenser up top/head side down and press the trigger/lever.
- If you do not use all of the whipped cream you can store the dispenser (with cream inside) in the refrigerator. The ‘use by’ or ‘best before’ date of the cream (or other ingredients used) still applies when in the dispenser.
Check out this video that shows you how it is done.